15% solution should be worn 4-6 hours and can be left in overnight.
35% solution should be worn 15-30 minutes a day, and follow the instructions below.
- Brush and floss your teeth.
- Express one continuous bead of gel into the front inner wall of the tray from molar to molar, about halfway from the biting edge. Use no more than 1/3 – 1/2 of a syringe per arch. Do not overfill the tray.
- Place tray in mouth and bite down to position on teeth.
- Remove all excess gel from gums with a clean finger or soft toothbrush.
- Leave trays in place for recommended time.
- When treatment is complete, remove trays and brush teeth.
- Clean tray with a soft toothbrush and cool tap water. Store tray in the provided case.
- Use Opalescence Whitening Toothpaste for regular oral hygiene and before using your whitening trays.
- Avoid coffee, dark soft drinks, red wine, tobacco, and other foods and drinks which can stain your teeth during the course of your treatment.
- Keep your whitening gel refrigerated.
- Avoid acidic foods and juices high in citric acid during treatment, as these may cause sensitivity to your teeth.
- Call your dentist with any questions.
- Do not eat while wearing your whitening trays.
- Do not wear trays longer than recommended by your dentist.
- Do not continue treatment if you experience severe sensitivity.
- Do not use if you are pregnant or lactating.
- Do not swallow gel or rinsed gel.
- Do not let small children handle product.
If you experience sensitivity:
Some patients experience sensitivity or discomfort that usually goes away 1-3 days after treatment. If you experience tooth sensitivity, try one of the following:
- Decrease the treatment time.
- Bleach every other day or every three days.
- Decrease the amount of gel in your tray.
- Ask your dentist for UltraEZ desensitizing gel to place in your trays before or after treatment.
- Call your dentist if you experience severe sensitivity.